Followers

Who is Smiling Pug?

My photo
Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada
"I am a happy pug therefore.... I am a smiling pug"! My mum is called Smilingpug... after me! Because of her love of animals and nature, she is a Buddhist and a vegetarian (thank god). She is most inspired by the Dalai Lama. We live on the West Coast of Canada and I share my home with my two older feline sisters Tika and Kizzy and my NEW little brother Sam Cooper who... is all the way from MidSouth Pug Rescue in Tennessee!! I am 11 and I don't walk to well anymore, but that doesn't mean I don't get around! Welcome to my blog.

Follows Me on Facebook!

Feeling nosey? Sniff my Butt.

We support Midsouth Pug Rescue. Don't Shop, Adopt!

Friday, February 04, 2011

Rabbits!

Hello everypuggy!
Winston heres with a greeting.... 新 年快乐
pronounced Gung Hey Fat Choy!
what does this means?
Happy Chinese New Year. It is now Year of the Rabbit.
In keeping with the New Year Celebrations we are celebrating right heres on the blog. We have Chinese New Year post cards (pictured above) to send outs to anyone who wants one. Just drop us a comment or email and we will pop one in the mail.
(Postcard is a collector item from Canada Post.)
Come ons..... who doesn't like to gets letters in the mail!!! 
Canada is a large population of different cultures, we are very Multicultural. Right heres in the Vancouver areas we have a huge, and I means huge, population of Chinese peoples. Because of this there are lots of Chinese New Year events taking place. Mum and I are going to check outs the lion dance on Saturday.
 
Of course I prefer...... 
pug hey fat choy, the year of the pug! BOL
Winston Wilbur
PEE S -
OMP mum just founds that someone is actually selling the postcards on ebay! pft! get one for free from us!!

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:08

    Ohhhhh, what a pretty post card.
    I would love one!

    Licks and snuffles,
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gong Xi Fa Cai (Mandarin version)
    Nihao Winston. Chinese New Year is very important to my family as well. My Mommy #1, as well as her 2 cousins, was adopted from Chengdu, Sichuan, China. And Mommy #2 has been to China 3 times. In addition, we are all from the San Francisco Bay Area which has a huge Asian population. Needless to say, the Year of the Rabbit was ushered in with a lot of firecrackers and celebrations. In 2 weeks there will also be the largest Chinese New Year Parade outside of Hong Kong in San Francisco. So xie xie for the greeting.
    Zai Jian and Wo ai ni Noodles

    ReplyDelete
  3. We would love to have a card!!! Gotta love our Chinese pug origins. Red is so very fetching against the fawn color too.

    Kitty and Coco

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Winston! Happy Chinese New Year to you! I think they totally missed it though because every year should be the year of the pug!

    *dw, trying to be very nice to our Canuck friends, at least for the next hour, heehee!*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Chinese New Year my Winston. We are mailing our valentines cards in the morning!

    Hugs,
    Tuni

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Chinese New Year.
    Ireland has a very small asian population so its only celebrated in the Capital. Would be pretty cool though :)
    Also thank you, I heard you might of mailed me somethings :D

    Love
    Oisín

    ReplyDelete

Count down until our Mum's Birthday!

PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Cat tickers

Count down to Winston's Birthday

PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers

Count down to Kizzy & Tika's Birthday

PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Cat tickers